Who are the qualifications for?
For learners who work in Health and Social Care or children and young peoples’ services in the following roles :
- Registered Managers
- Assistant Managers
- Deputy Managers
- Senior Care Support workers/supervisors
- Team Leaders
What do the qualifications cover?
These qualifications guide and assess development of knowledge, understanding and skills in leadership and management practice within health and social care and children and young people’s services and serves as the required qualification for registration and regulatory requirements for the sector in England.
What opportunities for progression are there?
These qualifications replace the current Level 4 NVQ in Leadership and Management for Care Services and the Level 4 NVQ in Health and Social Care, which are accepted as entry requirements to a number of HEI programmes.
These qualifications will be the accepted qualification for registration and regulation where appropriate and can demonstrate continuing professional development.
- New Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services – Central Leeds , March 2016
To express an interest in one of these course please go to our Courses & Registration page
Structure of the Qualification
To achieve the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (Adults’ Residential Management), learners must achieve a minimum of
- 80 credits.
- Learners must achieve 52 credits from the mandatory units
- plus a minimum of 28 credits from optional units
- from which a minimum of 12 credits from specified units must be achieved.
- See attached for information including optional and mandatory units available